My work is about performance, cultural identity, femininity, visual pop culture and politics; often evoking elements that trigger questions about social statements or stereotypes. Currently, my major interest has been the relationship human/technology, especially the social aspects of cyberculture: Social media, computer-mediated communication, interactivity, among others.
My practice includes photography, film, performance and digital/physical installations.
Yole Quintero was born in Caracas, Venezuela.
- BA (Hons) Photography. First-Class Honour, 2016. London College of Communication. London, UK.
- Bsc. System Engineering. Second-Class Honour, 2007. Universidad Santa María, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Living in Hyperreality: A Consensual Hallucination. Fringe Arts Bath. Opening Night: 25th May 2018.
- 40 Months/in Exile. 40 Months - Book presentation with Timothy Percival. London. December 2017.
- AiR 2017 - Final Show. Ritual Virtuality. I'm (pretending that I am) Okay. Bright Scapes. 40 Months. The Muse Gallery. July 2017.
- Open House Art. 40 Months - Book Presentation. Encounters Art Space. May 2017.
- 40 Months (40 Meses). Libreria Khalatos, Caracas. May 2017.
- AiR 2017 - Winter Show. Chavez Nuestro. Miss Patria. The Muse Gallery. January 2017.
- Summer show. A Consensual Hallucination. The Muse Gallery. Private view 14th July 2016.
- 90 Degrees. A Consensual Hallucination. London College of Communication. 26th May 2016.
- Deep Trash Italia – Not for sale. “Chavez Nuestro” Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club. 29 November 2014.
- “Una foto x día x 28 días”. Roberto Mata Taller de Fotografía. Caracas, Venezuela. 12th Nov 2014.
- All the Fun of the Fair. Vademecum. A-side B-side Gallery, London. 16th – 20th Oct 2014.
- The Independant Art Fair. Miss Patria. The Rag Factory, London. 15th oct – 19 oct 2014.
- Deep Trash Italia Eurosex Edition – Ultra Regina. Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club. 30th Aug 2014.
- “La opresión en la Sociedad Venezolana”. Global Voices en Español. (Link in Spanish)
- Photograd Spotlight: BA Hons Photography / London College of Communication
- “Protests Alternativas: Miss Patria” – Hoy Que Hay (Link in Spanish)
- IGTakeover: @womeninphoto
- Regular collaborator at CUNTemporary
- Regular collaborator at AlmaMag Magazine
- “La foto que parla” – RMTF
- “#UnaFotoxDiax28Dias – RMTF”. 2014. Honourable mention.
- “3er concurso de fotografía Alianza Francesa – Caracas”. Muchupu. 2009. Honourable mention.
For commercial and commisions please visit: http://www.notsotropical.com